1. Ear and eye protection should be worn at all times
2. IF IT IS DEEMED THAT YOU ARE ACTING UNSAFE, UNRULEY, OR CAUSING A DISTURBANCE, YOU WILL BE TOLD TO LEAVE, SHOOTER OR OBSERVER ALIKE. NO DRUGS OR ALCOHOL– if it is suspected of being used or in use, you will not be shooting.
3. ALL Firearms (including personal protection) must be pointed in a safe direction at all times. Make sure all firearms are unloaded and made safe before going downrange. Actions open and magazines out. Firearms are not to be handled while people are downrange for any reason.
4. Absolutely no shooting is allowed when “Range Closed” signs are posted. DO NOT FIRE IF RANGE CLOSED SIGNS ARE DISPLAYED – maintenance may be being performed out of your line of sight.
5. Shooting of target frames and posts is strictly prohibited. Do not put targets on target frames or posts. Shooting of steel silhouette rails and berms with center fire rifles is prohibited.
6. All targets must be placed so that bullets will impact the bullet backstops only. Shooting in the air or woods is prohibited. Do not place targets on the ground, as dangerous ricochets will occur. No shooting of cans, bottles, clay birds, glass items, propane cylinders, paint cans, or other debris. Exploding targets or fireworks are not allowed. USE ONLY APPROVED PAPER OR STEEL TARGETS FOR FIREARMS USE.
7. Armor piercing, incendiary ammunition and 50 caliber B.M.G. cartridges are prohibited. Full auto firearms are prohibited. No rapid fire (shooting as fast as possible to simulate full auto). Allow at least three seconds between shots.
8. Anyone caught defacing or damaging club equipment or property will be subject to disciplinary action by a review of the board of directors.
9. Children under 18 years old are not allowed on the range without direct adult supervision. Young children must be closely supervised on and off the range by an adult at all times.
10. Practice Courtesy. Clean up spent brass and trash, and remove paper targets when finished. Keep the range clean. No live ammunition or miss-fired ammo is to be placed in the trash.
11. Vehicles on the range: If a vehicle is approved to use on the range (for events or handicap use) observe the road, avoid making ruts or use during wet conditions, GO SLOW! Park in approved areas behind the firing line. Any vehicle damage or theft of property within is not the responsibility of Mahoning Sportsman's Club.
12. Bringing of any portable benches, chairs, spotting scopes,shooting mats, etc. is allowed, however not to be used ahead of, or interfere with, the established firing line.
13. NO LOADED FIREARMS IN THE CLUBHOUSE
14. Observe any signs concerning parking areas; do not use handicap parking unless you have the proper placard.
Promptly report violations, damages / maintenance issues, or unsafe behavior to a club officer or board member. If possible obtain the individuals name; if not get a physical description and vehicle license number – it may not even be a club member causing the issue. Do not promote a confrontation. The board will determine what actions are necessary, and will determine actions swiftly including trespassing for un escorted non members.
Compliance with the above range rules is mandatory. The rules are not to be considered all inclusive, and any other unsafe practices or acts are prohibited. The Mahoning Sportsmen’s Club, its officers and directors will not be held responsible for any or all injuries to any member or guest arising out of the use of the clubs ranges and equipment. It is the responsibility of each member or guest